Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start automatic slideshow via command line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start automatic slideshow via command line?

Hi,

I am using an old notebook as digital frame and I want IrfanView to start a slide show automatically via the command line (and autoexec.bat --> Win98).

IrfanView should start in fullscreen mode and should show pics in a specific folder in a specific rhythm in seconds.

Does anybody know the command line parameters for that?

Thanx
    Linus

Not to my knowledge. An alternative is to create full screen slide shows (exe) in your specific folders -maybe with music- and put this in several autoexec.bat files in the same folders.

Comment

Hi,

perhabs you got me wrong :-)

The command line parameter I am looking for should be quite simple.
      Sth like

irfanview.exe /c:\pics\*.* /forcefullscreen
      (this one is surely wrong. I am looking for the right parameters...)

I want to put that as last entry into the autoexec.bat in Win98 and when the PC is booting, it starts with the slideshow...

Later I do only change the pics in the folder to change the pics in the slideshow...

Comment

Please see i_options.txt in the IV program directory

/slideshow=folder - play slideshow with the files from "folder"

/fs - force Full Screen display
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

You can't start IrfanView via autoexec.bat, since when autoexec.bat is executed Windows hasn't been started yet. You have to put a link to IrfanView (with the right command-line parameters) in the Autorun folder in the Start menu.
          IrfanPaint developer
          The latest stable IrfanPaint version is the 0.4.13.70.
          IrfanPaint is now open-source (released under BSD license).

Comment

Working...
          X