• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thumbnail generation - comments not working

Hello,

I try to file -> jpeg lossless operations -> set comment to selected files

and it doesn't work at all!!!!
    Iptc.dll = version 4.2

there is no error message, the problem is if I select all picture, and try to set comments to them it will display the name of the first picture, ask for a comment, and that's it

and then when i export (file - save selected thumbs as html) the thumbs all have the same comment that was set for the first image

i tought at first i had not selected correctly, so i tried ctrl-A to select all, and the images seem all selected as they have a blue halo around them, just as if i select them with the mouse, so i think i found a little bug!

It is working as designed — it is supposed to set the same comment to each selected image.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      It is working as designed — it is supposed to set the same comment to each selected image.
      you're right! that's what I just read in the help file of irfanview.. i hadn't seen it.. i was under the impression it wouldn't do such behavior as it seems useless to me.. i could see how someone would need to rename all files to a different comment however it would be really cool to batch name files, meaning just select files in need of a comment, and then one after the other input comments and just clicking 'return' to cycle (picture seen - comment input - 'return/enter' - next pict etc)

I can for the moment input comments one at a time however i tought computers where meant to improve the speed at which we work

I'm just trying to, (fast!) take a bunch of images i take, put them in a folder, and make a web album in html or xhtml with them, and input comments on the fly as the album is generated for the visitors to have descriptions.. however i can't find such a (simple!) program nowhere.. the closet i was able to find is this:

PHP script for automatic presentations of your photos. Browser overview with instantly generated thumbnails, on a click a slideshow starts. Supports cross-fading and on-the-fly zip archives.

however this is good while working online and i'll not always have a connection.. i need a program! if anyone has any ideas/help it would be super appreciated. thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X