Get back cursor for windows in Full screen mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get back cursor for windows in Full screen mode

I watch pictures in full screen mode with IPTC infos. IrfanView shows the infos excellent, but sometimes I'd like to edit them, or see others than predefenied.
    I get the "Image properties" window, but do not get back the cursor in them. So I have to use the keyboard to select a pane or a button. If I also get the Thumnail view in an other window (with the full frame window), it also hides the cursor.
    Would it be possible to get back the cursor in that windows? So, IrfanView would hide the cursor only in the full frame picture window, but shows in the Thumbnail view window and the other program-windows.

No such problem here. I'm using version 4.20 on Windows XP Home SP2
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Are you viewing in normal fullscreen view or a slideshow? In slideshow you can show/hide the cursor using a checkbox in the dialog box.

Comment

Yes, I watch it in the normal full screen view. I have checked the hide mouse cursor in the Full screen pane (Properties/Settings). I have reinstalled the prog, too. Have winXP SP2.
        I have tried the slideshow, too. I do not get back the cursor there, either.

Comment

Originally posted by mastodon View Post
          I have checked the hide mouse cursor in the Full screen pane (Properties/Settings).
          Then try clearing it. What do you expect if you ask the program to hide it?
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I want the cursor back for any other window of IrfanView than the full screen picture. I have attached a snapshot of a full screen view with a Properties/Settings window on the top of it. I don't have cursor if I theoretically move the cursor over it. So I have to use the keyboard to select or push a button. It is more annoying in the thumbali view that I have also in the background, when I watch pictures in full frame view. I don't have a cursor in that case, either.
            Am I bit clearer?

I use IrfanView more than 10 years, and it is my favourite tool. And thanks for the moving, I have mistopiced, or so...
            Attached Files

Comment

IrfanView has separate options to hide the cursor in full screen mode and slide show. The full screen option is on the "full screen" tab of the options dialog, near the bottom.

The OP is correct that hiding the cursor hides it in all IrfanView windows, not just the main window. It does not hide it when over the windows of other applications. I suspect that this is a "feature" of windows that applies the same cursor option to all of the "child" windows.

I agree with the OP that the cursor should only be hidden in the image window and not child windows like thumbnails and dialogs. I have no idea how hard that is to accomplish.

Comment

Yes, that's what I wanted to say. Thanks for clean up my question.

Comment

Working...
                X