How to make a collage for wallpaper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make a collage for wallpaper?

I want to use 4 different images together as a collage for my wallpaper. Can IV 4.20 do this on it's own or do I need a plugin or something?

Collage

If you just need to stitch them together, IrfanView provides a basic feature for this. Try Image>Create Panorama image. If you wish to create it in more than one direction, you'll have to create more than one, and stitch the resultants together. Depending on what your doing, you may not be satisfied with this utility.

You could also try selecting the images in IV Thumbnails and selecting File>Create contact sheet from selected files. This has some nice options and might be acceptable for you.

You may want to just do the editing yourself. Try Image>Create New (empty) image and build the collage yourself or start with an image and choose Image>Add canvas.

Remember to save in a lossless format when editing!

Other choices besides IV exist as well. You might like Faststone Image Viewer which has a Create>Wallpaper Builder>Wallpaper Anywhere. It has more choice about placement.
    Last edited by Skippybox; 02.09.2008, 10:22 PM.

Comment

You can use Create Contact Sheet from selected files, from the Thumbnail View.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
      X