Can I get the color back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I get the color back?

I have somehow managed to change the settings in IRFanView where all my .jpgs show up in black and white. Is there any way to change that so they show up in color again?? Any help will be appreciated!

In the Properties/Settings dialog, JPG/PCD/GIF tab, uncheck "Load as grayscale"

Sometimes it is hard to find the same item again. I have been using IrfanView for years, and still have to search for some things
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

If you have checked the box to Save as greyscale, the colour information is lost and cannot be recovered.
      Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 10.09.2008, 04:26 AM.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks for your reply. That option is not checked when I open IRFanView. This is too odd. Surely you can get the color back somehow! Wow!

Comment

Which option? Did you save the images or are you only viewing them again? We have to know that. There are two very different settings that may be confused here. The "Properties" setting does not change the images, only how they are displayed. But if they were saved as grayscale, the color is gone for good.

When you have one opened, check the Information ("I" key or button) to find out more about the image.
          Last edited by matera; 11.09.2008, 06:25 AM.
          Its: Belongs to "It"
          It's: Shortened form of "It is"
          ---------------------
          Lose: Fail to keep
          Loose: Not tight

---------------------
          Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Working...
          X