Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error creating thumbnail contact sheet

Hi,

I've used IrfanView many times following the same process below, but today when I try to create my contact sheet I'm getting an error:

Error: Can't allocate memory for result image(s)!
    Out of memory
    Contact Sheet too big

I select the files in the folder (approx 85 images, 80-90kb each, dimensions of 302x351 each).
    I try to generate the contact sheet:

w2048 x h1536
    11 x 6 col/rows

spacing: 30x30x30x30

I add $N for file info, and a headnote.
    Output is save to jpg files

PC has 4Gb of ram (approx 15.gb free at any time).

So not sure of this error...

Forgot to add. I get the same error.. even if I only choose one picture, rather than the 80+.

Comment

No such problem here with just 1 Gbyte of memory, 95 small images, but of course only first 66 are used. Check for typing errors.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Where could there be a typo??

Comment

Originally posted by adrianmarsh View Post
          I've used IrfanView many times following the same process below, but today when I try to create my contact sheet I'm getting an error
          If it worked before under similar conditions, then it does sound like you've made a mistake somewhere, like Bhikkhu says. I tried it with only 256MB of RAM installed and it worked without incident. It doesn't sound like it consumes much memory.

How have you set your options for jpg?

Comment

Originally posted by adrianmarsh View Post
            Where could there be a typo??
            Well, you could have typed 11536 or 20048 for example
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
            X