Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewing Thumnails in Windows XP Explore

Hi

I am not too sure if Irfanview caused this problem.

Recently I installed Irfanview and later I noticed that when I select View >> Thumbnails in Explore, that I can no longer view the thunbnails. all I see now is the Irfanview Icon..

Thank you...
    Last edited by Possum; 13.10.2008, 12:58 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes

Can you be more specific what caused this?

Comment

I'M only guessing that irfranview caused the icons to change. There may have been another cause..

Thank you..

Comment

Quite hard to say why then. What is your OS and IrfanView version? Did uninstalling IrfanView make thumbnails viewable once again? What type of files are we talking about? Are all thumbnails missing? Did you make associations to IrfanView? If so, are only those showing the icon instead? Is there anything else you might have done other than IrfanView that might have caused this?

Comment

Thumbnails

Hi

I have XP Home.. irfranview 4.20

I have another computer running XP professional and irfranveiw 3.95

On that computer the thumbnails are visible in Explore..

Thank you

Comment

That's the same set-up I have, but I have no problem. Sorry, without a better understanding of what is at play here, I have no idea. Have you tried fiddling with any settings or removing IrfanView to see what happens? Did you update this computer from 3.95?

Comment

Which option is selected in the View menu of Windows Explorer?
              Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Yes I did upgrade from 3.95

In Explore I have set the view options to View Thumbnails

Thank you everyone..

I'm almost am beginning to think this was not caused by irfranview.

Comment

Working...
                X