the command

I-view.exe myfile.tif /resize=(2480,3508) /aspectratio

but it' opend the GUI ?

how I run the resize or resample as batch run,
    without the GUI prompt ?

the /covert option run's ok.

rgrds
    rani

I think you need to specify the output folder. This is the example from i_options.txt in the IrfanView installation folder.

Code:
      i_view32.exe c:\*.jpg /resize=(500,300) /aspectratio /resample /convert=d:\temp\*.png
    So try this

Code:
    I-view.exe myfile.tif /resize=(2480,3508) /aspectratio /resample /convert=c:\temp\*.jpg
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

output file
      I didn't enter output file,

I thought the resize will be on same file+resize.

so to resize same file I need output as :
      /convert =otherfile.tif , same .tif extension ok ?
      an then copy back to original myFile ?

rgrds
      rani

Comment

I don't use the command line — occasionally I use the Batch dialogue, but you don't want to overwrite the same file unless you're really sure what you're doing. Experiment with output to a temporary folder/file until you're sure the results are what you want.

(some Misc. Advanced Batch options are not supported: overwrite, delete, subfolders, all pages)
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Running the command:
          I-view.exe myfile.tif /resize=(2480,3508) /aspectratio

would open the GUI because that is what you are telling it to do. Start IrfanView and display my input file resized using the aspect ratio. The image is not modified though, simply displayed resized. If you want it to actually convert the input file instead, without the GUI, then you must include the /convert switch.

You can overwrite the existing file(s) or input file(s). Obviously, you should only do this if you are sure. You can though, like you say, output someplace else with the same names and verify, before copying over the input files. For testing purposes, you can copy your input files to another location, and try experimenting with overwrites there before you do the real ones. You can also rename the files in the conversion.

You do not need to type the full path of the input file, output file, or IrfanView, provided you are working in the folder containing these files in the command prompt. Using the CD command allows this. If IrfanView, your input file, or output file are in different locations, you will have to type their full paths including drive, depending on the ones needing specification. Obviously, quotes are necessary if you have spaces.

You cannot convert different formats to those same formats all at once. IrfanView only supports one output format per conversion. You can convert to any supported format. You can get around this though, by creating a batch file that could collect the extensions of the file types, and perform the different conversions sequentially. This would be quite powerful and fast, but would require some initial work.

So, here is how your command line generally should appear:
          Code:
          I-view.exe myfile.tif /resize=(2480,3508) /aspectratio /convert=myfile.tif
          If you are trying to do all the tif files in the folder use:
          Code:
          I-view.exe *.tif /resize=(2480,3508) /aspectratio /convert=*.tif
          All the files:
          Code:
          I-view.exe *.* /resize=(2480,3508) /aspectratio /convert=*.tif
          All the files to jpg:
          Code:
          I-view.exe *.* /resize=(2480,3508) /aspectratio /convert=*.jpg
          Careful, as these will convert your IrfanView files as well if they are in the same folder! You can also use /advancedbatch and still overwrite your same files, too. You can get more and more elaborate...
          Last edited by Skippybox; 16.11.2008, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Hi Skippybox
            thanks for for the detailed info
            I tried in resize and the overwrite option means inputfile equal to/convert=outfile and it worked
            fast.
            rgrds el

Comment

Hello rani,

Glad you were successful with your command line!
              I believe XnView can batch convert varying formats to the source formats, if possible, in one process.

Skippybox

Comment

Working...
              X