Vista display problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vista display problem

Have used Irfanview for years and just switched to Vista and as has been my practice in the past associated jpg images with Irfanview so I could view them quickly and make simple edits.

What I find when I click on a jpg is that it opens on a black screen with none of the menu items on the screen, so I can't do anything with the image.

Is there an option I can choose to make the image open up in the program rather than on the black screen?

Sorry I left that out.
    This is on a Del XPS 420
    Isabel

Originally posted by isabel95 View Post
    Have used Irfanview for years and just switched to Vista and as has been my practice in the past associated jpg images with Irfanview so I could view them quickly and make simple edits.

What I find when I click on a jpg is that it opens on a black screen with none of the menu items on the screen, so I can't do anything with the image.

Is there an option I can choose to make the image open up in the program rather than on the black screen?
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 14.11.2008, 12:30 PM.

It sounds as if you're starting in fullscreen mode. Press Enter to escape from fullscreen mode to windowed mode. Properties, Misc1 to change the option.

BTW: You can edit your posts here.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

If you uncheck the "Start in full screen mode" in Properties>Misc1 and it still keeps opening in fullscreen, then ask again. You may be having trouble in saving your initialization file.

Comment

You are right on the button!....

That was the problem. Thank you so much for your expert diagnosis!
        Isabel

Originally posted by Mij View Post
        If you uncheck the "Start in full screen mode" in Properties>Misc1 and it still keeps opening in fullscreen, then ask again. You may be having trouble in saving your initialization file.

Comment

Working...
        X