Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irfanview SaveAs directory follows opened image

Greetings.

I searched the forums to see if this was posted before, but I did not get any hits. The idea is that I am working with a bunch of languages and many images, but they all have the same name. I have overwritten some images on a different folder because Irfanview continues to remember the previous SaveAs folder, instead of the directory of the opened image. This is annoying, since I have damaged some images because I continue to forget to look on the directory that it is going to save. Is there an option for IrfanView to move the SaveAs directory memory to the opened image directory? I searched through there options and I could not find any.

Any help would be greatly appreciate it.

thanks,

josé

Use Save instead of Save As..
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

That's right!

See index in help file using the keyword "Save as"!

(Click to view full size!)

That means until now there exists no possibility to move the 'Save as' directory to the last opened directory! You can only use 'Save' instead of 'Save As'!
      Last edited by Frank; 15.11.2008, 07:55 PM.

Comment

That is the best way to do it -- otherwise, if you want to, say, go through a collection of large images in different directories, picking one here and one there to reduce in size and save as all in one place for a new webpage or to e-mail to someone, you would have to browse-browse-browse to save every one. The save-as memory is a good feature, it just has to be worked with, not fought. Having the save dialog come up for Save is another way to prevent overwriting. Enable the overwrite warning, and you will be spared your own carelessness. It is much too easy to overwrite either way without it.
        Its: Belongs to "It"
        It's: Shortened form of "It is"
        ---------------------
        Lose: Fail to keep
        Loose: Not tight

---------------------
        Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Working...
        X