X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Append image to .TIFF file

Irfanview: 4.20
    Windows XP SP3

First some background... I mainly use irfanview to view fax to e-mail images which are forwarded as TIF files.

Normally, five pages are sent together... but sometimes the sender has problems with the fax or has to resend one or two of the pages.

In the case of these problems, I have used "View -> Multipage Images -> Edit Multipage TIF" - and this works fine for re-ordering the pages, or deleting unwanted pages.

However, I'm having a problem with the "View -> Multipage Images -> Append current image to TIF".

When selecting the file to append to, a dialogue box is opened, which only shows TIF files. This would be fine.... but it only allows me to select files named xxx.tif - not xxx.tiff

I have only become aware of this recently, as the fax to e-mail provider has just started to supply the files named .tiff by default rather than .tif.

There is an avoidance.... just rename the files to .tif - but it seems a little odd that there is no way to view .tiff files (I cannot set Files of Type to anything other than TIF files - which appears to display only .tif).

Is there a solution to this ? or should I have posted in the "bug" section?

Thanks for your input, Malcolm

In the file name field, type *.tiff
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank you... very much appreciated. Malcolm

Comment

Working...
      X