Email.dll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email.dll

Email.dll (385) doesn't appear to do anything! Can there be instructions found somewhere ?

I find it hard to believe it cannot find my email client (OE, on XP-3(H).
    And it appears to want addresses added individually ?

Have you read the help file?
    Note: The EMail feature is only available with EMail PlugIn, download and install:

Click on the Options Menu, then Send file by EMail.

First, you must set the email options like SMTP server and your email address. You can also use MAPI protocol for email sending. Check your Internet Service Provider (ISP) documentation or your actual email program for correct SMTP settings.

Note: Not all ISPs allow the free SMTP sending on port 25! In that case, please use the MAPI option.

There is a simple address book for your buddies.

Click on Send to send the image or Exit to leave the dialog without sending.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks for reply

By mentioning "email.dll (3.85), I thought it would indicate I had downloaded the plugin.

My ISP STMP is rather complicated, and I judged it not feasible to try it after reviewing other comments in this forum.

So it is set to MAPi and simply does nothing?

What I was expecting is something similar to Windows "Send to email ...", where there is a drop down dialog to adjust size smaller if desired, and then a new email message appears with the image attached. Indeed, one wonders why that subprogram is simply not accessed.

Comment

Working...
      X