Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to resample/resize the image witout loosing the original quality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to resample/resize the image witout loosing the original quality?

Hi friends,

I m new to Irfan view. i tried resizing the image with image->resize/resample option. But after resizing the image, the resized image looks blur and the qulity also not looking good. i used the default setting in resizing window. Can u please tell me how to resize/resample image without losing the image quality? What are the techniques to be taken to get the quality image after resizing?

For eg, i take screen shot support forum home page using irfan view. And it cut the desired part and paste into new image.(Uploaded with this msg: IrfanSupport_Homepage.jpg). Image width:1004 & height:495

i resized image to width:900 height:495 (Uploaded with this msg: Resized_Homepage.jpg) with the default sampling method. It looks blur when compare to original image.

Can Plz tell me how to resize the image without loosing the quality of image?

Cheers,
    Siva.K
    Attached Files

The answer is you cannot, unless you know how to cheat. Whenever you resize text it will always look blurred.

Save screenshots of text and dialogue boxes as PNG. Do not resize them, but crop them.

What I did was resize my browser window so that the page flowed differently, and saved just the window. Then, reduced the number of colours to 256 — most people wouldn't notice the difference, but the original had 2547 colours.

The result is an image that is smaller than either of yours, but much sharper.
    Attached Files
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
    X