Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I change ESC Key to EXIT?

Fellow Forum Members,
    All of my apps EXIT by pressing the CONTROL+W keys, except for Irfranview. Is there anyway to change the EXIT command for Irfranview from pressing the ESCAPE key to CONTROL+W. Can I it be done by tweaking the INI file or the Registry?

I'm finding this to be an inconvenience because my mouse only has a couple of buttons I can program, and I can't have two buttons dedicated to exiting programs.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Try Alt F4 instead. That works for IrfanView and should work for all Windows programs. It is the Close option on the Window menu (Alt =)
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Actually ALT+F4 won't work in all circumstances. Why do you need to use the keyboard shortcuts only?

Comment

I think what Binar is looking for is consistency. I know that I get used to doing things a certain way and it bugs me when it works in all but one program.

Binar: the answer to your question is no. There are already a couple of threads requesting the ability to reconfigure keyboard shortcuts.

FWIW: the "standard" meaning of Ctrl+W is to close the current window of a multiple window application, not close the application. However, many multi-window apps will close when you close the last window. My observation is that few single-window apps will close with Ctrl+W.

Comment

followup

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
          Try Alt F4 instead. That works for IrfanView and should work for all Windows programs. It is the Close option on the Window menu (Alt =)

Bhikkhu Pesala,
          Thanks for the ALT+F4 keyboard shortcut. I have programmed my mouse button with this keyboard shortcut and I'm now able to exit my apps with one mouse button click. Thanks also to everyone else who contributed to this thread. It's pretty cool to scroll through a series of photos and exit IrfanView only using my mouse and without having to use my keyboard .

Comment

Working...
          X