Batch find non-standard compression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch find non-standard compression

The slideshow program built in my new digital photoframe does not recognize jpg compression other than basic. For example, it will not display photos with progressive jpg compression. Among the 1100 photos I've loaded into the photoframe SD card are a small number that have been compressed with progressive compression. These won't display, and I don't know which ones give me a "X" for non-viewable. The built-in program is not friendly for editing.
    Without going through the whole memory card picture-by-picture in IrfanView looking at the image information, is there a way to do a batch find for these type photos so that I can re-save them in basic compression?

The compression type is shown as "JPG Progressive" in the image information dialogue if Progressive has been used, but I don't know of any way to search for this information. You would have to browse the files in IrfanView and open the Info dialogue (Shortcut i) for each one.

This can be done quickly if the images are all in the same temporary folder:

1. i to show info dialogue
    2. Enter to close info dialogue
    3. Space to browse to next image
    4. i to show info dialogue, etc.
    5. Delete, Enter to delete any progressive images you find
    6. Space to browse to next image, etc.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Yes, you can use the /info command-line switch to write file information to a txt file:

Code:
      i_view32.exe "C:\*.jpg" /info="C:\info.txt"
      Then just use search to locate instances of "progressive" in the txt file to find the filenames. Go to thumbnails and CTRL+click each name in the directory that contained progressive. Then, choose Start batch dialog with selected files (key B) from the context menu.

You might also try filtering the data in another program, and producing a txt file of filenames that can be loaded in the batch dialog.

Comment

Working...
      X