Scanning multiple images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scanning multiple images

I am a seller of Political buttons. I scan 10 buttons at a time into Infranview. When I crop one of the buttons and send it to my selected location, I loose all of the other pictures. I now have to make 10 scans of all the buttons and crop each one to save. Is there a way that the page with the 10 buttons can be saved on the screen so I do not have to make all of these individual scans? Thanks for your help

Just use undo after crop and send (or save). Then crop the next button.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I don't think that works Bhikkhu. If you crop and then save you get the cropped image back when you undo. You can send the original somewhere and get it back from there each time, but you might just as well save the original and keep re-opening it.

Comment

It works fine here. Make sure that you haven't disable undo in Properties, Misc1.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I have Undo enabled. I can undo to the pre-cropped original after a Send (to EMail or to an External Editor) but not after a Save.

Comment

I think I know what is going on here. It sounds like you have "Save changes on Exit" engaged Mij. If you save the image, a casualty is you lose the undo. The undo is used as a flag to check if the image has been saved, so the program can decide whether to display the prompt.

It is most unfortunate to have to pick between them.

Originally posted by JCWButtons View Post
            Is there a way that the page with the 10 buttons can be saved on the screen so I do not have to make all of these individual scans?
            After saving as a new file, choose File>Reopen (SHIFT+R).

Comment

Thanks Skippybox. Yes that is the explanation.

Reopen is the thing to use if you have previously opened the file. In the OPs case it is a scanned image and you cannot Reopen it, even if you have Saved it, unless you go through all that nausea of Opening it again from the saved copy. We have been here before.

The quick method for JCWButtons would be to save the original on the clipboard by pressing Ctrl+C immediately after scanning, and paste it back each time using Ctrl+V.

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
                Reopen is the thing to use if you have previously opened the file. In the OPs case it is a scanned image and you cannot Reopen it, even if you have Saved it, unless you go through all that nausea of Opening it again from the saved copy. We have been here before.
                Yes, I know. I guess I should have been more clear that you must open the saved scan first. I assumed the user knew that, but perhaps they do not.

The quick method for JCWButtons would be to save the original on the clipboard by pressing Ctrl+C immediately after scanning, and paste it back each time using Ctrl+V.
                Yes, using paste or undo are workable methods, but I think it is foolish to use them. With only one chance to undo or use the clipboard, it is so easy to make a mistake and lose your original. I think it is much smarter to save the original to disk and keep opening it. Sure, it may take slightly longer at the beginning, but surely it can't be worse than rescanning. Afterwards, it is just as quick and far less vulnerable to loss.

Comment

Working...
                X