Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IV & thunderbird

Hello,

is there a way to select images via IV thumbnails and then send them via Mozilla Tunderbird? I have downloaded the last IV plus plug-ins.
    Any ideas?
    aage

If you right click on the thumbnail and choose "Send selected file by e-mail.." it will send it through whatever is your default e-mail program. I find it easier to leave everything blank and just click send. That will open Thunderbird minimized with a Compose <no subject> icon on your Windows taskbar. Just click that and use your normal Thunderbird features to fill in all the details.

Comment

All I get is an error message in German.
      Attached Files
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
        I can't think why. I just get an "EMail sent successfully" message" in the IrfanView dialog and the Thunderbird icons on the Taskbar.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mij View Post
          If you right click on the thumbnail and choose "Send selected file by e-mail.." it will send it through whatever is your default e-mail program. I find it easier to leave everything blank and just click send. That will open Thunderbird minimized with a Compose <no subject> icon on your Windows taskbar. Just click that and use your normal Thunderbird features to fill in all the details.
          Many thanks,
          this works fine. If I do this with the Windows Commander (or the Total Commander, I normally use) the automatic resize option opens. But it does not when I send from IV.

Any remedies?
          Aage

Comment

The dialog as shown by Mij is performed by the email plugin of IV.
            I'm not sure that the 'resize' dialog is caused by TC itself. It looks more like a Windoze thing.
            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

There is a Resize attachment plug-in for Thunderbird but I have never used it. You might find something useful here
              I always resize in IrfanView before sending the e-mail to Thunderbird. You can also Send by E-mail from the Options menu of the main Viewer window if you have been resizing there.
              Sorry, should have mentioned that you do need the IrfanView e-mail plug-in (EMail.dll) installed in the Plug-ins folder. Thanks, Sam_Zen.
              Last edited by Mij; 22.02.2009, 07:49 PM. Reason: link missing

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
                I get the same message. It translates to: "Send message" failed to send the message. I think it has to do with your e-mail client. I tried my default Windows Live Mail and Outlook Express and both give the message. So, I tried AT&T Yahoo Mail and it worked. Maybe it has something to do with identities or accounts not being compatible?

Comment

Originally posted by Skippybox View Post
                  I get the same message. It translates to: "Send message" failed to send the message. I think it has to do with your e-mail client. I tried my default Windows Live Mail and Outlook Express and both give the message. So, I tried AT&T Yahoo Mail and it worked. Maybe it has something to do with identities or accounts not being compatible?
                  To clarify (for my benefit anyway). Does the Send e-email work if you fill in all the To, From and Subject fields in the IrfanView dialog, or are we just talking about my method of sending a blank message and filling in the details in Thunderbird itself?

Comment

Trying to send a blank message doesn't work with certain clients. I don't use Thunderbird. I can leave everything blank, except the To: field, and it will work with Windows Live Mail. If I do the same with Outlook Express, it crashes IrfanView.

Comment

Working...
                    X