Resize pictures without using their quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resize pictures without using their quality

Normal I use my digital camera to take pictures , when I download those pictures to a PC , I find the size for those pictures are too big , specially if I want to sent 5 or 6 of them by email.

That means it takes me while to be sent and it takes while for other to download them .

How can I resize those pictures without using their quality ? surprising me I find many websites that have very good quality pictures and they are small in size as well.

What I am doing now (I am not if I am doing proper way or not) File --> Batch Conversion and Rename --> Batch Conversion Settings --> I adjust the indicator for "Save quality" option

Is there other option I have to adjust , beside what i have done above ?

Is there another way of doing that ?

Thanks
    Last edited by zillah; 24.02.2009, 07:41 PM.

You also need to use the advanced options to resize your images. Reduce the number of pixels to standard monitor sizes such as 1024x768 or whatever your friends are using.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Reduce the number of pixels to standard monitor sizes such as 1024x768 or whatever your friends are using.
      By using this option only was enough to reduce the size of pictures heaps, although the adjustable ruler for the "Save quality" option, is on 100.

Thanks

Comment

in your batch conversion dialog box, enable the check box 'Use advanced options (for bulk resize...)' and push the 'Advanced' button. Enable RESIZE: field and change your size there, and ALSO check the box 'Use Resample function (better quality)'. Click OK, and proceed with batch conversion.

Comment

'Use Resample function (better quality)'.
          That one is under "Image" option in menu tool bar,,,,,isn't it ?

Comment

No, it is on the Batch conversion, Advanced Options, dialogue.
            Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 25.02.2009, 07:33 AM.
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

No, it is on the Batch conversion, Advanced Options, dialogue.
              Thanks I have seen it, it is under " Preserve aspect ration (proportional) " option.

Comment

Working...
              X