Batch Scanning not Incrementing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch Scanning not Incrementing

I set my options with Starting Index = 1, Increment = 1 and Number of Digits = 2. But after scanning several pages I discover that I only have the last image under the filename01. Each scan works as I can see the image change in the main window behind the scanning window, but the image just keeps getting overwritten by the next one without incrementing the filename.
    I have used batch scanning before (about 1 week ago) with no problems, is there some sort of button I haev clicked to stop it incrementing? HELP!

Are you saving as multipage TIF? The image in the Viewer is always just the last scan made. The image on disk contains all of the pages. If you save the last scan and overwrite the multipage TIF image on disk, you will lose your previous scans.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

scanning not incrementing

Hi, I have been scanning as .pdf files into a destination folder, it has worked in the past, but for some reason now it wont happen.

Comment

Do you have Skip existing files enabled in the dialog?

Comment

I am having the same problem. It doesn't matter if I have 'skip existing files' saved or not, Irfanview is just overwriting the first file, and not incrementing the filename with new files.

I am not saving as multipage tif - just trying to save multiple jpg files with incremented filenames.

Using Windows XP 64 bit. IV version 4.10
          Forum will not let me edit my profile.
          Last edited by calydon; 15.01.2010, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X