• Show
Clear All

Command Line Switch /info No Longer Works

Working
    IrfanView.397\i_view32.exe" *.jpg /info=txtfile.txt
    Not working
    IrfanView.423\i_view32.exe" *.jpg /info=txtfile.txt

Why?

Not a bug. IrfanView changed how wildcards are interpreted in 4.23. If the full path is not provided, IrfanView assumes the files are in the IrfanView directory, not necessarily the current directory, as before. Read v4.23: wildcard file name for conversion does not work for more information and solutions.

Comment

Not a bug. Moved to the Support Forum.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
        Not a bug. Moved to the Support Forum.
        It is not a bug?
        IrfanView is on the path, and I working in cuurent path. But I don't know what path is now! Old version was correct! But new not correct

It working in old version, but not working in new version:
        SET VIEW=C:\Progra~1\IRFANV~1\i_view32.exe
        SET FN=md
        %VIEW% 1.jpg /resize=(369,499) /aspectratio /convert=%FN%-1-1nd.jpg

Also not working /resize=(0,499), but working /resize=(369,0)
        Why?

Comment

Originally posted by eq003 View Post
          Also not working /resize=(0,499), but working /resize=(369,0)
          Seems to be working from here.

IrfanView is on the path, and I working in cuurent path. But I don't know what path is now! Old version was correct! But new not correct

It working in old version, but not working in new version:
          SET VIEW=C:\Progra~1\IRFANV~1\i_view32.exe
          SET FN=md
          %VIEW% 1.jpg /resize=(369,499) /aspectratio /convert=%FN%-1-1nd.jpg
          If you are using filenames, the behavior should be unchanged in 4.23. If using wildcards, then in 4.23 IrfanView assumes the files are located where i_view32.exe is located (C:\Progra~1\IRFANV~1\), not where the batch file is, nor in the current directory.

In order to direct IrfanView to the proper location of the files, simply provide the full static path, or use the %cd% variable which is the current directory. The current directory is the directory the command console is operating in (such as "C:\Documents and Settings\UserName>"). When clicking on a batch file, the current directory is the directory containing the batch file.

You can also put your files with i_view32.exe, or copy i_view32.exe to your folder of files and change its path in your command line. Most versatile way is to use the %cd% variable, since you don't have to move anything or type the path. This is especially good if you move around directories or move batch files to directories, as they will be self-updating.

If you don't like this change, you can always e-mail the author, Irfan Skiljan, and inquire why this change was made.
          Last edited by Skippybox; 11.06.2009, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X