Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F12 Key for Paint Does not works for me..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F12 Key for Paint Does not works for me..

XP service pack 3. Irfanview 4.23& all the plugins from the original homepage.. During viewing a image in windowed mode(and/or fullscreen mode), when try to open paint tools via from the pulldown menu Edit> Show Paint Dialog it doesn't response. I try directly pressing F12 key and i even try from Start>All Programs>Accessories>Accessibility>On-Screen Keyboard to click F12 key by mice (just in case of keyboard malfunction) it was no response.. Only thing happens is IrfanView's title bar becoming inactive and active again&again as long as i try to click Show Paint dialog from Edit menu or strike F12 key on real and On-screen keyboard..
    What Should I do to have my Paint Dialog back?

Edit: Please apologize me for my poor English written skills..

Welcome druko.

Hmm. First check if the file 'Paint.dll' is in its proper IrfanView subdirectory 'Plugins'.
    Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

If the paint.dll is missing, there should be this message:
      ---------------------------
      Can't load PlugIn: "PAINT.DLL" !
      Please install or update PlugIns from IrfanView homepage!
      ---------------------------

I suspect corruption of the file. It may have been damaged in the download, or some tiny bit of code got displaced during the installation because -- who knows why or how Try re-installing the plugins, and if that doesn't work, download again.
      Its: Belongs to "It"
      It's: Shortened form of "It is"
      ---------------------
      Lose: Fail to keep
      Loose: Not tight

---------------------
      Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

If the IrfanView title bar is becoming inactive when you press F12 then the IrfanPaint toolbar is probably off the screen. Perhaps you changed your monitor resolution? Open i_view.ini and find these lines:

TBXPos=572
        TBYPos=45

The numbers define the horizontal and vertical position of the Paint toolbar in pixels. Set those values to zero and restart IrfanView.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
          If the IrfanView title bar is becoming inactive when you press F12 then the IrfanPaint toolbar is probably off the screen. Perhaps you changed your monitor resolution? Open i_view.ini and find these lines:

TBXPos=572
          TBYPos=45

The numbers define the horizontal and vertical position of the Paint toolbar in pixels. Set those values to zero and restart IrfanView.
          Thank you very much.. changing those values was all i need. It solved my problem without re-installing..
          Just in case "i_view32.ini" is the name of the settings file in my directory..
          And yes I usually change my res and display devices such as LCD TV or CRT monitor etc..

Comment

Ah, I missed the obvious that time
            Its: Belongs to "It"
            It's: Shortened form of "It is"
            ---------------------
            Lose: Fail to keep
            Loose: Not tight

---------------------
            Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Working...
            X