X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import Pictures

Hi,
    Can someone please help me?
    I want to know how can I import my pictures into IrfanView?
    I am a newbie.

Regards
    Riptorn
    Riptorn

Try File Open or click the Folder icon on the toolbar.

You can also load associated file types from Windows Explorer with double-click, or drag any supported file and drop it onto IrfanView.

Press shortcut T to browse pictures in the Thumbnail browser.

Press F1 to read the free manual or take a look at the help site in my sig.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      Try File Open or click the Folder icon on the toolbar.

You can also load associated file types from Windows Explorer with double-click, or drag any supported file and drop it onto IrfanView.

Press shortcut T to browse pictures in the Thumbnail browser.

Press F1 to read the free manual or take a look at the help site in my sig.
      Ok, thanks, so I can only open 1 file at a time?, You cannot select all, then import?.
      I am rather lost?.. sorry?.
      Riptorn

Comment

What do you mean by import? Your files remain in your folders on disk, IrfanView just views them, saves them, or converts them.

You can continuously view your files in a directory by using Space, arrow keys, page keys, mouse, hotkeys, toolbar buttons, automatically, or editing the directory index field...
        Last edited by Skippybox; 18.06.2009, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skippybox View Post
          What do you mean by import? Your files remain in your folders on disk, IrfanView just views them, saves them, or converts them.

You can continuously view your files in a directory by using Space, arrow keys, page keys, mouse, hotkeys, toolbar buttons, automatically, or editing the directory index field...
          Oh??.. Ok.. I thought maybe like Picaso, etc,where you can import the photo's, then edit etc.
          Thanks for your time

Rip
          Riptorn

Comment

You can still do some impressive editing with IrfanView, but in many ways it gladly is not Picasa. Still, IrfanView is a multimedia viewer, not really a full-blown editor. Try it out, it has a lot to offer for a variety of needs.

Comment

In many graphics (and other) programs the term Open is only used for reading in files in the proprietary format of that application and Import used for reading in files in any other format. Programs that do not have their own format may use either term. Both Picasa and Irfanview read in files in many different formats. Picasa calls it Importing, Irfanview calls it Opening. I do not think there is any fundamental difference.

Comment

You are used to programs -- like Picasa -- that create virtual photo albums. IrfanView does not do that. You use your file system to organize the pictures and use IrfanView to view them. That is, after all, the most sensible way to organize files.

The so-called albums created by various other programs are useless because only that program can use them, only that program can read the notes that go with them, and so on. Sometimes people try to e-mail their photos to their friends, and all that gets sent is the album program's list, no pictures at all. It is better to know where your pictures are and manage them yourself than to trust a program that pretends to do everything for you.
                Its: Belongs to "It"
                It's: Shortened form of "It is"
                ---------------------
                Lose: Fail to keep
                Loose: Not tight

---------------------
                Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

why dont you try usin Picasa, which creates photo albums. I dont think IrfanView does tht. You use your file system to organize the pictures and use IrfanView to view them. this could probably be the solution to ur problem.
                  Lead Life With Style

Comment

Working...
                  X