importing picture problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

importing picture problem

I have been successfully using Irfanview for some time. I recently developed a strange problem. When I would double-click an image to import, I would see the image but at the bottom it would say " no file loaded" and I am not able to move, redirect or change the image in any way. If I try to close the image, I will get the 'not responding' message. Any ideas on what is going on and how I can fix it?

Thanks

You would expect to see "No file loaded" in the status line if you pasted the clipboard contents. I've not come across the other problems.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Are you double clicking on an image in a real folder on the hard drive? You can get this effect when you have a camera connected with a USB connection for example and click on those images.

Comment

I am looking at a list of pictures stored on my hard drive. I can see them but the program seems to think that i cannot and it directs me to open a file.

Comment

Originally posted by jester View Post
          I am looking at a list of pictures stored on my hard drive. I can see them but the program seems to think that i cannot and it directs me to open a file.
          Where is this list of files that you are looking at? Have you opened Irfanview, selected File > Open and are now looking at them in the Dialog box, or are you looking at them in Windows Explorer, or somewhere else?

Please try to explain exactly what you are doing when things appear to go wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
            You would expect to see "No file loaded" in the status line if you pasted the clipboard contents. I've not come across the other problems.
            Actually, you would get the "Not a file" message sprinkled about the status bar and the Information dialog. "No file loaded" is usually present when you open IrfanView with nothing loaded.

jester - Do you have an empty directory file index box in the toolbar? What kind of image are you having difficulty with?

Comment

These are .jpg files and Irfanview is my default .jpg viewer. The way it used to work was that I would double click on the file and it would open in Irfanview and I would then be able to work with or redirect the file. Now it just says 'no file loaded' although I can look at it. I can look but I cannot do anything with it.

Comment

We need more information to really understand your issue.

Can you browse the directory by choosing the next file (space key) after the one you opened? Is the file index box completely empty or does it contain something (e.g. 4/56 or 0/125)? Do the images open normally in all other ways than double-clicking, like dropping the file into the window or using Open? Do the problem image's open in other programs correctly? Are all JPGs doing the same no matter the source?

What version of IrfanView are you using, and have you tried un-associating and re-associating? Will other extensions, if associated, cause the same issue. What is your OS, and have you tried re-installing IrfanView or upgrading it? Etcetera, etcetera...
                Last edited by Skippybox; 20.06.2009, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X