Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

v4.25: IrfanView can't open DWG files (Decode Error! Out of system resource.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v4.25: IrfanView can't open DWG files (Decode Error! Out of system resource.)

Hi,

Am using 4.26 with all plugins, including CadImage.dll, XP pro, 1 cpu. When I try to open a dwg file I can see a preview of the file, however, when I try to open the file I get:

decode error ! Out of system resource.

What am I doing wrong? How do I fix?

Thanks in advance

I get the same error here. Seems like a bug.

It worked OK in 4.23
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      I get the same error here. Seems like a bug.

It worked OK in 4.23
      Thanks for prompt feedback.

Rather than wait for debugging, where can I obtain 4.23? or any other suggestions...

Thanks again

Comment

Irfan reported that he could open a DWG file that I cannot, and says that the error message is reported by the plugin, so its not a problem with IrfanView.

Irfan has a registered Cadimage version, max. image size set to 2048 pixels => no loading problems.

You should keep backups of setup programs. There is always a possibility that you will need to reinstall a program. IrfanView's setup programs are numbered:

iview423_setup.exe
        irfanview-4-23-graphic-viewer-plugins.exe

iview425_setup.exe
        irfanview-4-25-graphic-viewer-plugins.exe

I presume it is a problem with the updated CADImage.dll plugin, which now won't open DWG or SVG images. The solution would be to register the plugin if you need these features.

See their support pages. These are Shareware programs.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
          Irfan reported that he could open a DWG file that I cannot, and says that the error message is reported by the plugin, so its not a problem with IrfanView.

Irfan has a registered Cadimage version, max. image size set to 2048 pixels => no loading problems.

You should keep backups of setup programs. There is always a possibility that you will need to reinstall a program. IrfanView's setup programs are numbered:

iview423_setup.exe
          irfanview-4-23-graphic-viewer-plugins.exe

iview425_setup.exe
          irfanview-4-25-graphic-viewer-plugins.exe

I presume it is a problem with the updated CADImage.dll plugin, which now won't open DWG or SVG images. The solution would be to register the plugin if you need these features.

See their support pages. These are Shareware programs.
          Thanks,

Downloaded the "free" plugin for irfanview, or rather a small application which allows you to use the CadImage.dll. The watermarking, heavy, heavy, densely populated watermaking really detracts from the functionability of the viewer.

Sorry to say I will look for an alternative for viewing dwg files. Unfortunate really. Still, lots of other things to learn about Irfanview so I will keep reading and learning.

Thanks again

Comment

Update of CAD Image Plugin available!

see: "Fixed: SVG problems"

(This concerns also DXF, HPGL, CGM and SVG files!)

Comment

Here is the DWG that I couldn't open in IrfanView 4.25 before installing the updated plugin.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X