Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

move picture in full-screen view

Hi,
    I wanted to find out if its possible to view a picture full-screen and be able to move it around the screen; i.e. when you're viewing an image full-screen, therez the black empty area around the picture, I want to be able to move the image towards the top/bottom/left/right.
    I actually need it for a project i'm working on. If any one knows any other software that does that, I would appreciate if you kindly let me know.

Thanks alot

nb. i dont want the picture to fit the screen; just be able to move it around.

Not quite sure what you want. You can pan/scroll an image in fullscreen with the right mouse button if larger than the screen (need to configure in Properties). If you actually want to shift the location of the image in the black area I don't think that is possible. Window mode has an option to not center the image in the window (it moves to the top left). Window mode also allows you to hide all the toolbars.

If you want a borderless window, MaxView 2.1 can do that.

Comment

Try FastStone Viewer.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Do you want to do this for every picture or just a few for your project?
        If it is just a few you could Add black canvas to your images. Add [screen width - image width] to both sides and [screen height - image height] to top and bottom. Then set fullscreen display option to Show images original size and you will be able to scroll your original image to anywhere on the screen.

Comment

If you want to do all of them, you can use two instances of IrfanView. Make a black image the size of your screen and show it in fullscreen - now you have a blank canvas. Open your images in another instance of Irfanview and hide all the toolbars. You should now have your image, albeit with a border on your canvas and can move it around.

To move it is not so easy since there is nothing to click on, so you'll have to use ALT+Space, M for Move. Now you can use the arrow keys to move the window around or the mouse once you initially press an arrow key. IMO MaxView is better since it has a clickable caption bar that autohides, so it is easier. But, you can't move the image completely offscreen like IrfanView. So, you might pair IrfanView for the canvas and MaxView for your image, since it is borderless, too.

Comment

Brilliant!!!
            Maxview remaining borderless and 'always on top' of the black background provided by IrfanView does the job perfectly.
            Thanks alot for helping!

Comment

Working...
            X