Freeware Plugins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freeware Plugins

Witch plugins are freeware in pack? I've been supporting Irfan since first version and I really upset when I got a "need to pay and register" message in my last version (jpeg lura plugin).
    How to download and install ONLY freeware plugins. How can I do to choose only freeware?

Tks in advanced.

Getting upset by this is ridiculous. Just because you don't want to register the LuraWave plugin or the CAD Image plugin doesn't mean that no one else does.

I don't need these plugins either, I don't need to save JP2 images or view vector drawings. If someone wants these features why should they not pay for them? And if Irfan can get some revenue from including these Shareware plugins, then why shouldn't he?

If you don't need it, then don't use it. If you do need JP2, then use FastStone Viewer, which can save as JP2 at any size for free. IrfanView can view JP2 files for free without needing to register any plugins. That alone makes it worth installing the plugin.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Right on Bhikkhu.
      Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

I'm sure that there would be complaints from users of registered non-free software if they couldn't have their pet plug-ins. The plugs are not included as a ploy to sell something, but as a convenience for those who already have the product. Those of us who don't, and don't want to, simply don't use those plug-ins. IV users are not all alike. There have been complaints about the Nero CD-burning plug-in -- but there are so many users who already have the software, which is included in a lot of CD-RW driver packages. They find it helpful.

If you want to save in JP2 format, there are freeware solutions. One that I have found is Image Helper -- www.meyertools.com -- odd little thing, but it does the job.

You can always delete any plug-ins that you don't use.
        Its: Belongs to "It"
        It's: Shortened form of "It is"
        ---------------------
        Lose: Fail to keep
        Loose: Not tight

---------------------
        Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Working...
        X