TGA Image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TGA Image

Today I received a tga image that I am unable to view in Irfan or Paint Shop Pro, all I see is a black screen. I've tried setting the background color to white in the property settings and unchecked "Show TGA/DDS alpha/transparent color" which was a suggestion in another thread. I have IrfanView 4.25 and Windows XP Pro. This is an image sent to me by someone else. The image size is 256 kb. Could it be that the image is somehow in fault? Thanks for all suggestions and help!

Is it possible to open this picture with another program?
    Can you give us a sample file?

Comment

Thanks for the prompt reply. As I posted before, I also tried opening it in Paint Shop Pro and was unsuccesful (got the same black screen). I think I have attached the file to this post (not sure). Again, I truly appreciate your quick response and help!

Comment

Well, I tried to upload file and I dont see it anywhere. I clicked on attachment button, directed to file and downloaded. Is there an additional step that I missed?

Comment

Compress your file into zip format and then upload!

Comment

Change your main window colour from black to white in Properties, Viewing. I suspect that the TGA is using black on the transparent colour, so you'll just see black lines on a black background.
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank you! Didnt realize the file was too large. Hopefully it works now.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Bhikkhu. As I posted the first time I already tried that. Still I appreciate any and all suggestions. If you think of anything else please let me know!

Comment

The reason it wouldn't upload was not the size, it is that TGA format is not supported. The file displays fine if you change the background colour to white or anything but black. As I suspected, the image is black lines on a transparent background. Here it is in both 4.23 (white background) and 4.25 (cyan background)
                  Attached Files
                  Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

What do u mean TGA is not supported. I thought IrfanView opened TGA files. And, I did change background color from black to white. All I got was a little white box. I would like to understand if u have the time to explain. I am supposed to take the image file, convert to jpg (which I can do on Paint Shop Pro or Macromedia Freehand) and then resize (which I can also do on either program. Thanks!

Comment

The "IrfanView Support Forum" does not support the TGA format for attached file(s)!
                      But in any case IrfanView support the TGA format!

Comment

Ah, I see! But, why is it that Bhikkhu could see the picture and I could not? I also changed the background color to white and got a little black box. Bhikkhu was able to see lines. Is there another setting that I may have missed?

Comment

Did you reopen the file after changing the background colour to white?

Comment

Yes, I did save and re-open. Perhaps I am not changing the background color correctly. I think I am changing the main color. Could u go through the steps with me on how to change the background color? Once again I am so thankful for your help!

Comment

Properties, Viewing, Main Window Colour, Choose.

On the same dialogue tab, check show PNG/TGA/DDS alpha transparent colour.

Comment

Working...
                              X