Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to: scan multiple documents and save them as a single PDF file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved How to: scan multiple documents and save them as a single PDF file?

Hello folks.

Inaugural post here. Checked FAQs and searched the forums. I found this thread, which was close, but not exactly what I am looking for.

What I want to do is to scan multiple documents and save them as a single PDF file.

So far I have found out how to scan a document, save it as a .TIF file and convert it to PDF. Thus single page scan to single PDF file.

I have read some reference to "command line switches."

This sounds interesting if by command line commands and switches, I can accomplish what I am asking above.

Many thanks for rendering useful direction in scanning multiple documents and saving the result as a single (multi-page) PDF file.

KJ

Using: Win2000 / SP4, Paperport Deluxe ver. 6.1 & IrfanView ver. 4.10
    This is supposed to be a joyous occasion... Let's not bicker over who killed who.

I think you have to save to multipage TIF first, then save that as a PDF file.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks Pesala, for your response.

I initially tried scanning as a multipage document and saved in TIF (e.g. multi-page TIFF) but the result was three separate files.

Could you assume that I know nothing about Irfanview 4.10 and walk me through the scanning / saving as multi-page TIFF process?

Thanks,

KJ
      This is supposed to be a joyous occasion... Let's not bicker over who killed who.

Comment

File menu, Acquire Batch Scanning, Multiple Images (Batch Mode), Save as TIF, Save as multipage image.
        Attached Files
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

SUCCESS!

This morning I tried again, using your suggestion and it worked flawlessly.

The root of my problem is that I was earlier using the scanner's own scan utility, and not starting within IrFanView.

What an incredibly useful program!

Love it.

KJ

out.

Comment

I wasted half an hour on this and nearly wore out a few pages while turning them over for two-sided scans. I knew it was possible to scan multi-page PDF files. I'd done it before, but not lately. I FINALLY discovered my error. Irfanview asks for a file name and destination in the scan set-up window. I lost sight of the fact that the file is saved as soon as you close the scanner app. I was RESAVING a single page from inside Irfanview after the scan was done. That overwrote my initial multi-page scan. Phew! So, the solution is to trust Irfanview to do what it says it will do and do not overwrite the autosaved file.

Comment

Working...
            X