4.25 Very Slow While 4.20 Was Good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.25 Very Slow While 4.20 Was Good

Upgraded to 4.25 from 4.20 (both with plugins). No problem with 4.20, 4.25 was very slow -- close to freezing.

Uninstalled 4.25, reinstalled 4.25 still slow. Uninstalled 4.25 and installed 4.20. 4.20 runs fine.

Running: Windows XP SP3, Dell Optiplex GX620, 1G Ram.

This is not a useful bug report. You have told us nothing that would help us to check or confirm your findings.

How To Report Bugs Effectively
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi bbelvin,

I had once Irfanview (I still use version 4.23) rather slow to display its window. I noticed it was after having opend images on a (network) drive no more connected when I launched IrfanView once again. Could this be the reason for you?

Laurent
      Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

exact same issue

I was having the same problem (see below). What fixed it was going to view>display options> and turning off use sampling on zooming and fitting. I guess these are either new features or for some reason they get flipped on when upgrading? shrug.

---------------------------------Ignore this part--------------------------

I just upgraded from 4.20 to 4.25. I used to be able to select an area and click and zoom right in almost instantly. Now, I have a 2-3 second delay. I also used to be able to use the paint tools (cloning, to be specific) without much delay. Now, I am getting a 2-3 second delay on that as well.

I am using XP. I have actually had the same tool problem at home on my Vista machine with an older version of Irfanview.
        Last edited by supersonic; 13.08.2009, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by supersonic View Post
          I guess my best bet here is to downgrade back to 4.2?
          Either that or read some threads or check out the options on the View menu.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
          X