X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help! I accidentally deleted photos and don't have them backed up

I know, DUH!

I didn't have them in my carbonite folder

I was leafing through my photos and had my finger on "delete" instead of "page down"

Irfanview is not set up to use the recycle bin apparently.

Is there any way to retrieve them?

Unless you have changed the default behaviour in Properties, File-handling, at some stage, IrfanView is set up to delete files to the recycle bin. Take another look in the recycle bin before searching for a file recovery utility.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      Unless you have changed the default behaviour in Properties, File-handling, at some stage, IrfanView is set up to delete files to the recycle bin. Take another look in the recycle bin before searching for a file recovery utility.
      I have it set up to *not* use the recycle bin. Can you recommend a file recovery utility? They are important to me. Thanks in advance!

Comment

First of all : If acccidentally deleting files, don't do as less as possible on the machine after that,
        because the files to retrieve often will be overwritten.

Some apps for file recovery : Restoration .
        And by SoftPerfect : File Recovery .
        Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

used "Pandora Recovery." I get a little wiggy about running executables from any website other than "download.com." That confidence may be misplaced, but that is what i prefer. Thanks for your help, files recovered.

Comment

Good grief, download.com is...(refrains from saying). lol
            I avoid it.

Anyway, Sam_Zen's private stash is safe.

Glad you got your files back. I did something equally stupid not long ago, not with IrfanView. Couple of gigabytes down the black hole. Luckily, I have many drive partitions and multiple recovery software.
            Its: Belongs to "It"
            It's: Shortened form of "It is"
            ---------------------
            Lose: Fail to keep
            Loose: Not tight

---------------------
            Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Working...
            X