Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Stop Appending to TIF file

Hi,

I scanned a multi-page document using the ms office imaging tool then saved it as .tif

I open it in irfanview and begin editing each page. I have to save the file each time a edit a single page.

Until today, the saved file would completly overwrite the previous file. Now whenever I save the file, it appends to itself. So a 14 page document becomes 28 pages, then 42 pages, and so on.

Is there a way to get it to stop appending to itself?

Thanks.

Originally posted by rob6188 View Post
    Is there a way to get it to stop appending to itself?
    I've not come across that problem before, but I suspect the easiest method is to extract all frames, edit the individual frames, then rebuild the multipage TIF file from View, Multipage Images, Create multipage TIF. That way, you have your original multipage TIF as a backup if you make any mistakes.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Haven't come across a TIF appending itself either. Usually they will append when overwriting another TIF. That's why it's good to save to another folder and copy over the first location when you're ready. Obviously, as Bhikkhu points out, don't ever make changes to files without always having a backup, in the case of the unexpected.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'm surprised either of you have not experienced this. This problem now happens on two computers.

When I get some time, I will record my screen with camstudio so you might see where I maybe be causing this problem, or if it is a bug.

I am now doing the "extract pages" as you suggested. It adds only a few minutes to each project, and works fine.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X