Background colour won't stay changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Background colour won't stay changed

Hi there, I'm hoping someone can help me.

I've tried to change the colour of my background when I look at or save transparent images, but nothing happens.

I have the 4.20 version with Vista.

I've selected a different window colour in the Properties- viewing options, then clicked both the "OK" buttons, but the background is still black. When I go back to the Properties- viewing window, the colour is black again. I've tried this several times.

I've checked the i_view32.exe program to make sure it's not "read-only", and that box isn't checked; when I look in Security, the SYSTEM permission boxes are all checked (except Special Permissions).

I've run out of ideas to try, and I would appreciate any others!
    Thank you

The latest version of IranView is 4.27 — I recommend upgrading, though it makes no difference to your question.

The background (viewing) colour will update if you select "reopen" from the file menu.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

It is probably not the background color you need to change but the Main Window color found under Options >Properties >Viewing tab.

Comment

Working...
      X