Using IrfanView scanner..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using IrfanView scanner..

I have been using IrfanView to crop & re-sample scans (mainly documents) after scanning with the HP printer supplied s/w, which scans about 1-5 MB jpg's. I then read into IV - select the page - cut area outside of selection - resize at 1024X768 and save. The saved jpg is usually significantly smaller than the orig but looks very clear.

So I decided to try out IV scanning to save a step. It scanned a letter to about 150kb - looked good. But I tried to see if I could increase the scan, but can't find where to do that. IE have the scan default set to one of the dimensions such as 1024/768.

TIA

You need to look in your scanning software, after you click on OK from IrfanView to begin scanning, but before you start the scan.

My Epson TWAIN driver allows me to set the scan resolution, and it allows me to select an area of the scan bed. I can also do a quick, low resolution preview scan before starting the full resolution scan, which gets sent to IrfanView (or saved directly to a file if I am doing batch scanning).
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
    X