Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pate selection into new image by default?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pate selection into new image by default?

Hello.

Just did a new install on a Windows 7 PC.

On all other systems when I cut a selection of an image and then paste it the usual reaction of the program is that it clears the image and pastes it into a new image. It was a quick and easy way to cut up an image that I would only need a small part of.

On this new system when I preform a cut and then paste it IrfranView does not make a new image but instead pastes it right back into the image I cut it out of. How can I switch the program to not do this and instead when I hit control+v the cut selection will be put into a new image sized just for it?

Retaining the selection is very useful for cut and paste within an image — shift cursor keys to move the selection.

If you want the old behaviour, just click outside the selection first to deselect and the image will be replaced with the clipboard contents.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
    X