Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Select folders in "Browse subfolder" by mouse

Hello,

Am I doing something wrong or there is not way how to change the subfolders in "Browse subfolder" window by mouse? Always when I click (click do nothing, so doubleclick) on (..) then it automaticaly select upper folder for viewing. I think it should go up by one folder only and show all upper subfolders, so you can easily browse folders by mouse. When you are presenting only by mouse, then you have to always search for keybord to change the folder.

Thanks

You just misunderstood how it works.

.. selects the parent folder to browse

If there are any more subfolders to browse in the current folder, then you will see them listed when you reach the last image — if not, you will see only the current folder and the parent folder. When you click on .. you immediately start browsing at the top of the parent folder.

If you scroll up again, you will see the list of sibling folders to the one you were browsing previously.

However, if you scroll down, you will browse the parent folder. That's the way it is designed.
    Attached Files
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi,

I think I understand how it works, but maybe no. Then please explain it to me if I am wrong. My situation is:

Folder 1
      SubFolder
      pictures jpg
      Folder 2
      SubFolder
      pictures jpg

If I finish presentation of Folder 1 then I am unable to switch to subfolder of folder 2 by mouse. Normaly by keyboard I will do

TWICE <- (to go to paren of FOLDERS)
      ONE KEY DOWN to go to next FOLDER X
      -> to go into Folder X
      then mark Subfolder and press ENTER

It works, but how to do it by MOUSE only?

Thanks a lot for your help
      Last edited by mumajs; 19.08.2010, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• Scroll down in subfolder 1 until you reach the end.
        • Click ..
        • Scroll up in parent folder to show the dialogue again (you are already at the beginning)
        • Select subfolder 2
        • Scroll down until you reach the end
        • Click ..
        • Scroll up ... and so on
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

hmm,

you are right, but one important behaviour. On my end I cannot open, or go by mouse into the empty folder, do enter to folder. Empty I mean it is without images/pictures. My example above is showing that folder1 is containing not any image. It contains only one subfolder1 and this subfolder has images. Then when I go up to the MAINFOLDER where is folder1 and folder2 then I can not enter into the folder2, because it does not contain any pictures. I can only press right arrow do the enter to folder command. I am unable to enter there by mouse. If also now I am wrong then please sorry for my idiocy.

Comment

Yes, this is true. If a folder is empty it cannot be opened, even if subfolders do contain images. I would say that is a bug. To work around it, open the thumbnail view, and select the subfolder with images in the folder tree, or put at least one image in the empty folder.

Comment

Working...
            X