Getting rid of borders around image?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting rid of borders around image?

Hello, can use some help please. I have 2 jpeg images which have black borders around them when i open them, how can I get those images to show full screen in any slideshow software? Thanks.

Select the pictures by dragging with the mouse to exclude the border, and press Control Y to crop them.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi mikehende,

If your images have a black border, then open each one, drag a rectangular selection with the mouse to isolate the part of interest, then Ctrl-Y to crop, and save the result.

Otherwise, the black border is the full screen backgound. Then fit the images to the screen (hit F two or three times, it's a toggle). If there is deformation, then you need to adjust the size of the images in such a way that their height/width ratio is the same as your screen. For that, look at Edit / Create a custom selection.

Laurent
      Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

I had cropped the pic as mentioned above before posting here but it still shows with the border around it so i guess my next move will be to create the custom selection, will try it now and get back to you guys, thanks!

Comment

when I increase the size of the pics, it shows too blurry.

Comment

Hi mikehende,

It means that your image is a bitmap with too few pixels. I had in mind large images with a size to decrease.

Laurent
            Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

The pics came to me and are in jpeg format, I have some more pics which are small and I'd like to make bigger and/or clearer, I am wondering if a photoshop can do that?

Comment

making bitmaps bigger is bound to be worse.
                How should the data of one pixel fill in the data of 8 other pixels ?
                Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
                X