Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small problem, help!

Hi guys,

I have a very large table made in Word that I want to save as a jpeg image. This thing has a lot of columns and rows, and when I copy all of it and paste it into IrfanView, only half of its width ends up in the actual viewer. When pasted it only shows 1179 x 650 pixels, whereas the complete table has a longer width. The rows all show up, but not the columns.

How can I fit the whole table in the viewer? I'd really like to save it as a jpeg. Any help would be much appreciated.

I wasn't even aware one could copy a table from Word into Irfan View. I wonder what format is on the clipboard?

The way to go is to export the table to PDF, open the PDF in the free PDF-XChange Viewer, then use that to export to an image. Don't use JPG for text, 2-bit (B&W) PNG is much more suitable unless the table contains photographic images. You will get a smaller and much sharper image. You can choose the resolution and save with transparency too. If you can attach a PDF I will experiment and see if it works, though PDF-XChange is well worth a look at least anyway.

The attached 46 Kbyte file is a 300 dpi B&W PNG image exported from PDF-XChange. The PDF was produced from one page of a long Open Office table. The PDF was smaller than then PNG image — only 32 Kbytes, so you might consider using PDF if the purpose is to display the table on a website. PDF has the added advantage of using selectable text rather than bitmap data.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 28.09.2007, 08:51 AM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
    X