Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slideshow Text

Hi All.

When creating a slideshow, is it possible to have file names included without the file extensions: ie: image name.jpg.

It's the jpg extension I would like to remove.

Many thanks

Sark

PS...Thanks for a Fantastic program. Wish I'd discovered it sooner.

Yes. In the "Show Text" field of the slideshow dialog, type "$N" — click on Help for more variables that you can use.
    The colour and size of the text, and the colour of the background is found on the "Fullscreen Options" dialog.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Great. And thanks for the swift response, it's much appreciated.

Sar

Comment

slide show

where might one find this "show test" option in irfan view. when picasa isnt working I use irfanview, but this 'show test' does not exist in irfanview thumbnails. In fact, I would love to turn off the file name display during a slideshow as it seems pretty stupid to show pictures with the name of the file popping out at you. who cares about the name of the file during the slideshow?

Also, any idea how to get the full picture to appear on the screen. Irfanview wants to zoom in.

And any idea how to start a slideshow without actually having to select pictures? wouldnt it makes sense to just do a slideshow on the current directory?

Comment

Hi ABS,

Originally posted by ABS View Post
          where might one find this "show test" option in irfan view. when picasa isnt working I use irfanview, but this 'show test' does not exist in irfanview thumbnails. In fact, I would love to turn off the file name display during a slideshow
          This option isn't in Thumbnails view but in the slideshow window. There you'll find a checkbox to display or not the text.

as it seems pretty stupid to show pictures with the name of the file popping out at you. who cares about the name of the file during the slideshow?
          This option enables you to also display EXIF data (date, exposure, ISO...), and so on. I find it very very very useful... in some cases. Perhaps one day you'll find it useful too?

Also, any idea how to get the full picture to appear on the screen. Irfanview wants to zoom in.
          There is a radio button and options for that. Look in the slideshow window.

And any idea how to start a slideshow without actually having to select pictures? wouldnt it makes sense to just do a slideshow on the current directory?
          See my reply to MoStimpy (http://en.irfanview-forum.de/vb/showthread.php?t=1043).
          I agree, but presently you get that at the cost of just one click on one button. Not too bad.

Laurent
          Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

Working...
          X