Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Irfanview Thumbnails > doubleclick and more than one instance of viewer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irfanview Thumbnails > doubleclick and more than one instance of viewer?

When I used Irfanview Thumbnails, and I double click a thumbnail the view opens. When I double click another thumbnauil, the open viewer changes to that image. Is there a way to have multiple instances of the viewer open each time I click a thumbnail?

No, I don't think so. Assign Irfan View as the external editor (Properties, Misc2) and use the shift E shortcut to open new instances from the thumbnail browser.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hello Bhikkhu,
      You mentioned this tip before and just now I've tested it in practice. On my system this only works from the viewer, not from the browser. Every Shift+E on any other but the first image in the browser, results in the view of the first image (like Sam mentioned before). So this is not the image I wanted to start in a second IV viewer.

And... if I start the browser from IV without any image in the viewer, Shift+E doesn't work at all...

And... when the option Misc. 1 » ‘Only 1 instance of IrfanView is active’ is checked, IV will slacken it's speed dramaticly...

So I returned this setting as it was intentioned: Shift+E starts another application.
      When I want to view more than one image at a time, I multi-select them in my file manager and start them from my context menu at ‘Open with IrfanView’.

Comment

Originally posted by Sjef View Post
        Every Shift+E on any other but the first image in the browser, results in the view of the first image (like Sam mentioned before). So this is not the image I wanted to start in a second IV viewer.
        Try right-click, open in external viewer. That works fine. I didn't test the Shift E shortcut properly, which as you say opens the first image again, but one could then use drag and drop from the browser to the second instance.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
          ... but one could then use drag and drop from the browser to the second instance.
          Did you test this yourself? It doesn't work on my system. To my knowledge the IV browser has no real drag 'n drop function at all. Just try to drop an image from the IV browser into MS-Paint.

Comment

Sorry, that should have been drag and drop to the first instance, which works fine. Where there is a will, there is a way. To get it into MS Paint, copy and paste, or better still press F12 and open Irfan Paint.

Comment

Working...
            X