Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to lock zoom percentage for any image

I want to view photos.
    I want to keep the zoom at a certain percentage, say 80% for any image I load.
    I'm using the arrow keys/same method as mouse's scroll wheel's default action in irfanview.
    How do I do it?

"VIEW-> LOCK ZOOM" feature sounds like it but I don't know what it does. It doesn't do anything apparently.

I suppose you could always read the help file. It does what it says there:

Click on the View Menu, then Lock Zoom.
    If checked, the actual zoom factor is saved and used for all new loaded images.
    This option is activated only for current session.
    Click this option again (or hotkey: SHIFT + L) to deactivate Lock Zoom.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I don't know what that means.
      Is the feature that I described in the topic post available in IView?

Okay, figured out. It doesn't work unless window fitting is disabled.
      Last edited by inertially; 27.11.2011, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Yes! That's what this feature does. Zoom to 80%, lock zoom, then continue browsing with the left/right cursor keys or left/right buttons on the toolbar to browse the current folder. All images will be loaded at 80% zoom.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Would be helpful to say disable fit to window in help to make it work.

It doesn't do anything without that...
          Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 15.08.2021, 11:08 AM. Reason: Fixed typos

Comment

exactly what I needed, I tried "lock zoom" over and over but did not happen anything until "do not fit anything" option has not been activated!

Thank's your help.

Comment

Working...
            X