attaching to emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

attaching to emails

Hi, im a computer spaz and dont know what im doing.

I want to be able to send my saved images to someone in an email how do i do this ?

thanks

When i try to do it it says:

"there is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the default programs control panel."

I basically have no idea what to actually do, can someone help me plz ?

Comment

If you're not very skilled with computers I recommend doing it from your email program. Just reduce the file size in IrfanView to make it small enough to send by email.

Modern digital cameras produce large files, so use the Resize option (Ctrl R) to reduce them to about 1024 x 768 pixels, and save as JPG with a quality setting of less than 100. I find a setting of 75 is more than good enough. If you're a professional photographer, you might prefer to use higher values. Even so, a medium resolution image will be small enough to email.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi,

am I right you - ajgold23 - are just using the Internet Explorer (or another web browser like FireFox or Google Chrome) and log in to you email account on a web page?
        If you do so the send mail function does not work, you need an installed and set up email program like Microsoft Mail, Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla ThunderBird or something else.

Regards
        Nils

Comment

Thanks guys, its what you said derniwi, i downloaded microsoft mail now.

its asking me to create an association in the default programs control panel ? how do i do that ?

thanks

Comment

Hi,

yes, you can add this association.
            Furthermore you need the connection data of your mail provider for setting up a mail connection (use IMAP if possible). This is very specific but the most email providers have a good documentation how to set up Microsoft Mail or other applications for accessing the mails.

If you need more help please be more specific so we can have a look at the system (maybe they have public how to's) or other people have succesfully set up a connection.

Regards
            Nils

Comment

Working...
            X