There - But NOT There

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There - But NOT There

For the first time ever (a great number of years) I have a problem with IrfanView.
    Following a System crash and clean install of Win7 Premium, IrfanView only produces a "frame" on the screen, together with Text Selectors for the functions. Each function DOES take me to the associated area, but no image/picture/graphics are available.
    Has anyone any idea why this is happening please?
    Thank you.

Try changing your toolbar in Settings, Toolbar.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Tried that - Programme crashed.
      Tried opening a file -- it displayed a screen-shot of this forum.

Comment

Uninstall, and reinstall the latest versions and plugins from the official download site.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Already done that, Screenshots attached to clarify what is happening.

Comment

Difficult to help any further as I don't use Windows 7. IrfanView should work on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10 so please send a bug report to Irfan Skiljan (see help, About IrfanView). Are you using any third-party Windows theme manager etc.?

Comment

Just because you didn't mention it: After installation of Win7, have you installed the latest driver for your graphics card?
              The toolbar is activated? [ALT-Shift+T]
              Last edited by Kuki Dent; 08.04.2021, 04:24 PM.
              Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.67/64
              Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Kuki Dent - Just what I would suggest as well.
                Download and install your latest graphics card driver. That should make your graphic files viewable again.

Comment

Working...
                X