Cannot activate plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot activate plugin

I have been trying to get IrfanView to show the CR2 files from my Canon DSLR. I have downloaded and unzipped the files but the instructions appear ambiguous in saying 'unzip into the IrfanView folder'. There are two such folders. It also says enable Canon in Irfanview / properties - plugins - but you can't get there because the help option asks you to give write permission to a file (the ini file) that already has such permission. I also read somewhere that this file should be moved to another folder although its not clear where that folder is. Sorry that I am confused. I have been using Iv for years and this is my first query.

IrfanView 64-bit is installed in C:\Program Files\ by default. The INI file contains a line pointing to the actual INI file that is used in your application data folder.

[Others]
    INI_Folder=%APPDATA%\IrfanView

IrfanView 32-bit is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\ by default. The INI file contains a line pointing to the actual INI file that is used in your application data folder.

[Others]
    INI_Folder=%APPDATA%\IrfanView

You will need write permission to install the plugins. You may find it easier to unzip them in the Downloads folder and copy/paste them to the appropriate IrfanView installation folder.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

There are several folders involved that do not comply with the installation that I face. Firstly my ini file in the IrfanView folder does not include any reference to ini_folder .....; secondly there is another folder labelled plugins (hence my query about ambiguity. I already did the copy paste as suggested but clearly other things are wrong and I cannot find any application data folder. Maybe I am out of my depth.
      Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 27.04.2021, 10:27 AM.

Comment

To Find the AppData folder
        Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog.
        Type AppData and press Enter.
        Open the Roaming folder.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	AppData.png
Views:	564
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	91128
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          File : 'readme.txt' - Info about Canon CRW/CR2 DLLs
          Author: Irfan Skiljan

- How to install CRW/CR2 DLLs?

- Unzip all files from the ZIP (including subfolders) into your "IrfanView" folder.
          - Enable Canon CRW/CR2 DLLs in IrfanView: Properties->PlugIns.

The list of Canon CRW/CR2 DLLs required by IrfanView CRW.DLL (3.99 and later) plugin:

1) Located in "IrfanView\Plugins" subfolder:
          Crw.dll

2) Located in "IrfanView" folder (CR2 support):
          deImgJ10.dll
          deImgJ11.dll
          deImgJ12.dll
          deImgJ13.dll
          deImgJ14.dll
          deImgT10.dll
          deImgT2X.dll
          DeImgT31.dll
          deImgT32.dll
          deImgT40.dll
          deImgT41.dll
          deImgT50.dll
          deImgT60.dll
          deImgT70.dll
          deImgT71.dll
          deImgT72.dll
          EDSDK.dll
          EdsImage.dll

3) Located in "IrfanView\Plugins\CRW" subfolder (CRW support):
          deImg110.dll
          deImg121.dll
          deImg129.dll
          deImg131.dll
          deImg137.dll
          deImg139.dll
          deImg140.dll
          deImg404.dll
          pscDevUI.dll
          pscParse.dll
          RdCamDat.dll
          rdDcd.dll
          rdDvlp.dll
          rdParse.dll
          RDSDK.dll

- Supported Cameras:

PowerShot S30, PowerShot S40,
          PowerShot S45, PowerShot S50, PowerShot S60, PowerShot S70
          PowerShot G1, PowerShot G2, PowerShot G3, PowerShot G5,
          PowerShot G6, PowerShot Pro90 IS, PowerShot Pro1
          EOS-1D, EOS-1Ds, EOS D30, EOS D60, EOS 10D
          EOS Kiss Digital, EOS Digital Rebel, EOS 300D
          EOS-1D Mark II, EOS 20D, EOS-1Ds Mark II,
          EOS Kiss Digital N, EOS Digital Rebel XT, EOS 350D, EOS 400D, EOS 450D, 40D
          EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi, EOS 5D, EOS-1D Mark II N

Please read "i_plugins.txt" for download locations.

Comment

Wow, such a detailed answer. Thank you! I had a similar issue when I get back to my personal laptop at my houses in Greece here I will give it a try. If I have any issues I will write here
            Last edited by Bipore; 29.04.2021, 08:58 AM.
            Hi

Comment

When I try to load the Canon CR2 files it reports that it cannot load plugin CAMRAW.dll I remain stumped on this.

Thanks - Lawrence

Comment

From the Help menu, select Installed Plugins and make sure the CAMRAW.DLL is enabled.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Installed Plugins.png
Views:	710
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	91164

Comment

That option does not exist on my display. It *does* show crw.dll but not camraw.dll

OK - problem solved. I checked back at the homepage and re-downloaded and ran the exe file and all is now well!

Many thanks.

Lawrence
                  Last edited by LawrenceH; 28.04.2021, 12:22 PM. Reason: re-edited when I discovered the cause of the problem.

Comment

Working...
                  X