CR2 (Canon Raw) and thumbnails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CR2 (Canon Raw) and thumbnails

I've searched on CR2 and Canon Raw (here and on google) and can't find an explanation for this:

In windows Explorer, CR2 files are associated with IV. If I double click one, it opens just fine. However, CR2 files do NOT appear in the thumbnails, or when I browse through a directory file by file.

Q: How do I enable the recognition/display of raw files in the thumbnail viewer, and the photo by photo browse mode?

(I KNOW its an option or setting somewhere, but I'm not finding it! )

I THINK it was working correctly before I moved to IV4.10 from 3.99(?) but I'm not 100% certain.

Thank you for your help.

You're right, the option is there somewhere. Try Properties, Extensions, Load Custom Extensions.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank you

Thank you. It was checked in the vertical list in the top of the window, but it was not in the list below the two radio buttons in the lower half. I manually added it to the list of extensions and it now works.

Just out of curiosity - Is there a way to auto-populate that list of pipe-separated file extensions? Its not real obvious thats what you need to edit, so I'm suspecting I've once again missed the obvious!

(Thanks again for all the great advice and answers here - I've solved more problems than I care to admit to, and learned a BUNCH of new tricks reading this board! Everyone's time is MUCH appreciated!)

Comment

Originally posted by aheld View Post
        Is there a way to auto-populate that list of pipe-separated file extensions? Its not real obvious thats what you need to edit, so I'm suspecting I've once again missed the obvious!
        Isn't that button that says "Load default extensions" big enough?

Or are you asking if there is some way to modify the default list of extensions?
        Attached Files
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I pushed that button. It did not make any difference. I manually added the name to string in the box below, and everything worked.

More user error, no doubt.

(I'm not sure "default" is the best term for the button though - I expected that to reset everything to some "default" setting.)

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
          X