Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to located 64-bit plugins download link(s)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to located 64-bit plugins download link(s)

I am a relatively unskilled user, trying to open .webp files. I encountered the error that "Irfanview cannot located webp.dll" and headed to to irfanview.net to get it.

However, the current version of the plugins page says:

" Check the 64-bit page for 64-bit PlugIns. "

Upon clicking, (and successfully downloading and installing the latest 64-bit version (4.57 at the time of writing),
    I am faced with a page devoid of any mention of plugins, save a small note at the bottom, and a link returning me to the plugins page whence I came:

PlugIns updated after the version 4.57:

Plugins page

Back on a the plugs page under the heading:
    PlugIns updated after the version 4.57:

I was able to download and install the WPG Plugin (3.1.2) and FORMATS Plugin (4.59.10) as they each have a special unique link. However, while there's a bundle of plugins for the 32-bit version, and presumably that includes the .webp extension I need, I found nothing about the 64-bit version, save the above-listed self-referencing circle. Perhaps I'm missing something?

Anyone willing to help a newbie find a .webp plugin for the 64-bit version, or advice is welcome!

Much thanks!
    Last edited by Meteo0r27; 08.05.2021, 02:08 PM.

Open IrfanView, From the Help menu, select installed plugins and scroll down to see if the WebP.dll is enabled. It should be version 4.57.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

If you don't have WEBP.DLL installed, goto https://www.irfanview.com/ and click on the Download button

Click image for larger version

Name:	IV_Plugins-dl.jpg
Views:	906
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	91226
      Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.67/64
      Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Name:	Version.jpg
Views:	1002
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	91261

Name:	Installed Plugins.jpg
Views:	928
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	91262

Bhikkhu Pesala,

Thanks for the reply, I located the active plugins window (there's exactly one called "effects.dll" not pictured in the above image - at top of scroll bar)

My problem is: I cannot locate webp.dll, nor can I find a source for it. I agree, it should be included in a new clean installation, so I tried this: Removed Irfanview completely, deleted all user data & settings, re-downloaded and re-installed.

In doing so, I noticed that I've been an idiot, and completely overlooked the clearly labeled plug-ins download, just below the german version.

Name:	Plugins in plain sight.jpg
Views:	859
Size:	198.3 KB
ID:	91263

Sorry for wasting your time, I'm an idiot -- and thank you so much for putting up with me. >.<

Meteor

Comment

Working...
        X