Jumping to fullscreen mode when I try to draw selections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumping to fullscreen mode when I try to draw selections

Help! I have used Irfanview for years, but now I can't stop it from jumping to fullscreen whenever I attempt to draw a selection! How do I STOP this?

Maybe you are accidentally making a double-click? The setting for duration between two clicks to be counted as double-click can be set in Windows. In the past I found it to be too long, aimed for novice users. Maybe the microswitch of the mouse button is deformed and sending more click events. As far as I know it is not possible to avoid zooming in on a selection by inadvertently clicking inside it.

Comment

Zooming when I click on a selection is not the issue. I can no longer even make a selection without Irfanview jumping me right into fullscreen mode. If I then press "Escape" and try to draw a selection it again jumps me into fullscreen mode and starts running through other files in the directory. I'm familiar with a lot of the Irfanview features, but I just can't solve this one. I even tried deleting my previous version and then re-installing the latest version. Nada. I still can't get the program to "sit still" long enough to draw a selection, and I don't know how to resolve the problem.

Comment

Try a different mouse. As j7n said, the mouse may be sending more than one click event.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
        X