TIF compression type shown in directory view

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TIF compression type shown in directory view

I have a lot of folders containing TIFFs and where there has been different sources, some are uncompressed and others have had LZW compression applied. Windows Explorer doesn't seem to offer the right attribute tag to enable me to see which is which in the directory, but I can lets burrow down into the properties for the information for individual files. Obviously IrfanView lets me check each file individually via the Image option, but I wondered if there was any way to customise the attributes when looking at folders using Thumbnails on details view. File Name, Size, Date Modified and File Type are there, but I can't seem to add any other columns in. Ideally I am looking for a column that would give 'TIFF Compression' with None, LZW, or even PackBits, JPEG and Zip, (as they are save options in IrfanView) being displayed, so I can work through the directory structure and see at a glance what compression is applied.

In Settings, Viewing, set the Statusbar text (right field): to $c.
    Then you can scroll through a folder to see which files are uncompressed.
    The $c parameter does not work as I expected in Thumbnail Tooltips.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank you for your prompt response.

I updated to the latest version, and via Options>Properties/settings, replaced $M with $c in the statusbar text (right field), but didn't get any extra column in details view in IrfanViewThumbnails. In thumbnails I went into Options> Set thumbnail options, I added $c to the Thumbnail text and, in thumbnails view, there is now a corresponding line, but it is none for everything, even files that I know are LZW compressed. There is still only the 4 attributes in the details view: File name, FileSize, Date Modified and File Type.

Have I misinterpreted your instructions? Or missed something obvious?

Comment

You apparently missed the last line:

The $c parameter does not work as I expected in Thumbnail Tooltips.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I did see that, but wasn't sure if you meant that it wasn't working for the thumbnail view and gave an additional column in the details view, or it just wasn't working at all. The first two lines imply that the change in setting works when scrolling through a folder, with the last line saying it didn't work as expected (in thumbnail view). I thought I would report exactly what I saw in case I had done something wrong.

Comment

Working...
          X