SVG plugin doesn't work very well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SVG plugin doesn't work very well

When https://www.draw.io/shortcuts.svg is downloaded and viewed from local disk with IrfanView 4.58-64 on windows 10 it opens in 600*476 resolution which is quite insufficient, when image is zoomed it remains blurry and unreadable.

Not strictly a bug, just a limitation of the plugin. The maximum image dimension seems to be limited to 600 pixels, which is unsuitable for many images. Just for viewing SVG images, the current plugin may suffice for some users, but it makes more sense to use your browser to view SVG. I captured the full page from Vivaldi browser after opening the SVG image.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Shortcuts.png Views:	0 Size:	205.4 KB ID:	91977

For editing vector images, IrfanView is not the right program to use.

I am sure that Irfan Skiljan is aware of the limitations of the plugin, which is listed as a Prototype SVG Viewer by Seppe Sol in Help, Installed plugins. You could email him to ask if an updated plugin is being developed.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 09.07.2021, 10:29 AM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Any browser can display SVG files and also allows clean zooming.
      My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Working...
      X