Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 10 How to rearrange photos to several photos on paper in custon order.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 10 How to rearrange photos to several photos on paper in custon order.

This is my first time using IrfanView. Irfanview was suggested for this purpose.

I have a Windows 10 folder with 50 photos in it. I would like to print 50 photos with 6 or 8 photos on each 8.5" by 11" paper putting the photos in order. 50 photos on 8 or so pieces of paper.

Analogy:
    In the Windows Photos app, there is a storyboard for producing a video slideshow. One just uses select-drag-drop to put the photos in a custom order. What I would like to do is something like that except that instead of a video, I wish to produce some hard copy pages with several photos on each page.

Check the File menu in the Thumbnail viewer (shortcut T). If you want to add file names or other data to the printout creating a contact sheet might be the best route. Printing images is not something I ever need to do.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

In Thumbnail viewer you can use:
      "Options/Load file list from TXT file"
      so you can load a list of files in whatever order you want and them print multiple images per sheet using
      "File/Create contact sheet from selected files"
      (you have to select all the files you want to print in the Thumbnail viewer).
      I have used this to print multiple copies of one image per sheet.

In Windows Explorer you can select all the images and Shift-click "Copy as Path" to get the filenames and then paste them into Notepad. Move them up and down to get the order right then use "Options/Load file list from TXT file" to show them in the Thumbnail viewer so you can print them.

Matt

Comment

Working...
      X