Irfanview cant open files on usb stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irfanview cant open files on usb stick

I have a desktop with windows where Irfanview works just fine with the USB stick but on my other pc/laptop running Linux I get an error message '' cant read file header..unknown file format. empty /damaged file or folder not found''

Like I said, this is only a problem on the Linux system, any files that were saved to the desktop on the linux system open up fine with irfanview, the problem is trying to open the files on the usb stick on the linux system. Please advise, thanks

Can you copy them using Windows Explorer?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Can you clarify what you mean please

Comment

Can you copy the files saved from Linux onto the USB stick onto the hard drive of the Windows system?
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Are you running IrfanView in Linux?
          My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

May be it's a problem with your user rights in Linux. Can you copy or open the images as root?
            Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.67/64
            Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Originally posted by Kuki Dent View Post
              May be it's a problem with your user rights in Linux. Can you copy or open the images as root?
              I will try that

Comment

Originally posted by JendaLinda View Post
                Are you running IrfanView in Linux?
                Yes, Linux Mint

Comment

Working...
                X